Minutes for April 29, 2019 Meeting

Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Stone House
April 29, 2019
7:00 P.M.

The Regular Meeting of the President and Board of Trustees was called to order at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019 by President Davis. Members present were Shannon Driscoll, Lindsey Duerr and Bernard Trebian. Members absent were John Duerr and Art Morby. Also present were Steve Stadel, Village Treasurer, Margaret Townsend, Village Clerk, Ron Duerr, Ruth Foley, Nicole Busch and Joe Lee.

L. Duerr moved, Driscoll seconded that the Minutes of the March 25, 2019 Regular Meeting be approved as read. All voted aye.

The Treasurer’s Report was reviewed. L. Duerr moved, Trebian seconded to accept the Treasurer’s Report as presented and to place it on file. All voted aye,

The April bills were reviewed. Trebian moved, L. Duerr seconded that the April bills be approved for payment. On roll call vote, all voted aye.

A) Report on Easter Party – Lindsey reported that despite the adverse weather, there were 49 children in attendance and the party went well. They are considering setting an age limit next year.
B) Information from Stone House Committee Meeting 04/03/19 – tabled to new Board Agenda
C) Other – Nothing

Thank You to Outgoing Board Member Art Morby – At this time President Davis, on behalf of the Board, expressed thanks to Art Morby for the two years he was a Village Trustee and for the work he did in that capacity.

ADJOURNMENT – L. Duerr moved, Driscoll seconded that the meeting be adjourned at 7:10 p.m. in order that the newly elected could be seated. All voted aye,

Clerk Townsend read the election results: For Village President: James Davis 43 votes. For Village Trustee: Bernard Trebian 43 votes; Ruth Foley 46 votes; Nicole Busch 45 votes. Davis, Trebian, Foley and Busch were all declared elected. The President and newly elected Trustees were sworn in and seated.

President Davis called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. Members present were Nicole Busch, Shannon Driscoll, Lindsey Duerr, Ruth Foley and Bernard Trebian. Also present were Steve Stadel, Village Treasurer, Margaret Townsend, Village Clerk, Ron Duerr and Joe Lee.

SET MEETING DATES, TIME & PLACE, DESIGNATE DEPOSITORY – Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m.; Meeting Location: The Stone House, 309 North Avenue, Scales Mound, IL; Meeting Dates: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 (due to Memorial Day Holiday); Monday, June 24, 2019; Monday, July 29, 2019; Monday, August 26, 2019; Monday, September 30, 2019; Monday, October 28, 2019; Monday, November 25, 2019; Monday, December 30, 2019; Monday, January 27, 2020; Monday, February 24,
Minutes – Regular Meeting, April 29, 2019 – Page 2

2020; Monday, March 30, 2020; Monday, April 27, 2020, Tuesday, May 26, 2020 (due to Memorial Day Holiday). Depository: Apple River State Bank, Scales Mound.

APPOINTMENT & APPROVAL OF CLERK, TREASURER, ZONING ADMINISTRATOR, ATTORNEY, OTHER BOARDS – Davis made the following appointments: Margaret Townsend, Village Clerk; Steve Stadel, Village Treasurer; Joe Lee, Zoning Administrator; Terry Kurt, Attorney; Ruth Foley, Ambulance Board Representative. COMMITTEE MEMBERS: (First name on list is chairperson) Operation/Maintenance/Streets – John Duerr/Ruth Foley/Bernard Trebian; Sewer/Water Operations – John Duerr/Bernard Trebian/Lindsey Duerr; Finance – Ruth Foley/Lindsey Duerr/Nicole Busch; Public Events/Safety – Nicole Busch/Shannon Driscoll/Bernard Trebian; Trees/Sidewalks – Bernard Trebian/Shannon Driscoll/Ruth Foley; Parks/Special Projects – Shannon Driscoll/Lindsey Duerr/Nicole Busch; Ordinance/Policy – Lindsey Duerr/John Duerr/Nicole Busch; Stone House (pro tem) – Ruth Foley/John Duerr/Bernard Trebian; Subdivision/TIF (pro tem) – Lindsey Duerr/Shannon Driscoll/John Duerr.
L. Duerr moved, Driscoll seconded to accept all appointments, committees, depository designation and meeting information as listed. All voted aye.

SET DATE AND TIME FOR TIF JOINT REVIEW BOARD MEETING – President Davis set Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at the Stone House for the annual JRB Meeting. Clerk Townsend will send out the required notices.

A) Ambulance Board – No Report
B) S.M. Chamber – No Report
C) Mediacom Annual Customer Service Report – Clerk Townsend presented a letter from Mediacom stating that they, as required by state statue, were enclosing a copy of the annual customer service report which may or may not be specific to our area and may not contain any information
directly related to our community.
D) ComEd Correspondence Regarding Vegetation Management (Trees) – Correspondence was received from ComEd stating that Certified Arborists have identified 4 trees in the Village as being infested with the Emerald Ash Borer. As these trees are located near power lines, they are scheduled to be taken down immediately before they die and fall on the power lines causing damage and power outages.
E) Com Ed ICC Filing – Change Effective January, 2020 – ComEd has notified the Village they have filed their annual update under the performance-based formula rate (Energy Infrastructure Modernization Act). The filing would decrease the average residential electricity delivery bill by about $0.38 starting in January 2020.
F) Other – None

A) Monthly Report – Ron Duerr reported: the trade in value on the skidloader at K&L Bobcat would be $4,500. The price of package deals on certain models they don’t have on their lot has increased. He is also getting a quote from Roeder Implement on a Kubota skidloader. The accessories the Village has now would fit on all of the models he is looking at. Sloan Implement is bringing a John Deere model for Ron to try out. If the Board is interested in looking at a lease, it would be for 3 years. More information will be available at the May Regular Board Meeting.

Minutes – Regular Meeting, April 29, 2019 – Page 3

B) Operation/Maintenance/Streets Committee Report – Ron reported concerns have been received regarding the loose gravel on the streets. Davis stated that Ron will take care of the excess gravel on the sides of the streets and that should be done annually. A sweeper could be rented, however, with the
low spots in the street surface, sweeping could ruin the surface. It was agreed to get new brushes for the sweeper if the ones for it are worn out. The controls for the Blower Building are being worked on. The estimate for labor and parts is $10,800 and the parts being made will be common parts so if in the future anything breaks down, replacement parts will be available. Approval was given to have Brian Nott go ahead with the project at the estimated cost.

A) Public Hearing Scheduled for May 7, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at Stone House – Steve Stadel has requested a Public Hearing for his Zoning issue and has submitted the necessary fees. The Hearing has been scheduled for May 7th.
B) Other – Garrett Hillary has submitted an application and fee for a driveway.

A) Update – Lindsey Duerr will set up a meeting with Mike Brown to go over ordinances and get him started working on the ordinance violations.
B) Other – Nothing

A) Finance – No Report
B) Park & Special Projects – No Report
C) Public Events & Safety – No Report
D) Trees & Sidewalks – No Report
E) Ordinance/Policy Committee 1) Information from Meeting 3/27/19 – Lindsey Duerr reported the committee reviewed current policies and ordinances and compiled a list of properties that need to be addressed.
F) Stone House Committee Pro Tem – Bridgette Stocks is checking with the State to make sure everything is okay as far as historic preservation is concerned; Jim Baranski is adding a closet for the electrical to the plans. Fehr Graham has submitted a proposal of $9,400 to include the following services: Topographical Survey, Design Plan and Contract Administration. L. Duerr moved, Busch seconded to accept the Agreement with Fehr Graham and to have Davis give them the approval to proceed. On roll call vote, all voted aye.

A) Approval of Liquor Licenses – There were no objections from the Board for President Davis to issue the liquor licenses upon receipt of the annual fees.
B) May Regular Board Meeting will be Tuesday, May 28, 2019 due to Memorial Day Holiday – Clerk Townsend reminded the Board of the May meeting date.
C) Reminder to File Statement of Economic Interest before Deadline of May 1, 2019 – Clerk Townsend reminded Board Members that if they haven’t filed yet, the deadline is May 1. After that time, a penalty will be imposed.
D) Other – Agreement with Sand Prairie – President Davis presented a proposed Agreement with Jo-Carroll Energy (Sand Prairie) to provide at no cost to the Village, data service to the Stone House and other locations in the Village in exchange for the Village granting them permission to install fiber optic cable and related equipment in specified right-of-way. Foley moved, Driscoll seconded to enter into the Agreement with Jo-Carroll Energy. All voted aye.

Minutes – Regular Meeting, April 20, 2019 – Page 4

A) Ordinance Violations – Nothing to add
B) Website – Nothing
C) Brainstorming – Nothing


Trebian moved, L. Duerr seconded that the Meeting be adjourned at 8:05 p.m. All voted aye.

These Minutes are subject to approval at the next Regular Board Meeting. Minutes are also available online at www.scalesmound.com

Village President

ATTEST: _________________________________
Village Clerk